The rest of Entourage’s season 3 returns in April. However, HBO decided they either needed to make up for a crazy schedule of season 3 or they need to increase their revenue stream. The result: Entourage Season 3 – Part 1 is available for purchase April 3.
Judging by the reviews on Amazon, this is quite the unpopular decision at the hands of Home Box Office – regardless if the pricing is consistent with the equivalent number of episodes on the DVD as compared to seasons 1 and 2. But then again, the initial negative reviews are getting hammered on.
My suggestion to HBO, get them up on iTunes – even a week or two delayed from the debut. You’ll likely make a killing on iTunes sales and most of those same folks will gladly eat up the DVD’s when released. But more importantly, get your scheduling in order. I know the theory behind the split season was to get the final season of the Sopranos on the board, but when it was delayed, you should have jumped Entourage right back into the mix.
But whatever, my pre-order is placed and I’m just glad we get some more episodes soon.
Hug it out, bitches.
I love my neighborhood.
Yes, you are seeing this correctly. 15 open wireless networks from my kitchen table.
Search Engine Roundtable (by way of Searchengineland.com) reported about a bug in Microsoft’s adCenter that advertisers were being dramatically overcharged click prices (example, a 50 cent bid price being charged $280). Microsoft has confirmed the issue and is working to a resolution.
My first thought was that this was Microsoft’s way of making up revenue since I pulled my account earlier in the week. But then again, the example used above pretty much covered my monthly budget.
To the Microsoft folks who have been visiting based on my previous post, don’t sweat me; I’m small potatoes.
Monday afternoon I closed my Microsoft Adcenter account. While many have railed against Microsoft’s attempt to enter the PPC market based upon poor and unconverting traffic, I was happy with the traffic, costs-per-click, and my conversion rates. However, I was fed up with the constant barrage of emails “Your AdCenter ads or keywords require changes.” Any given week, I’d have 10-20 emails alerting me that x number of my keywords are not meeting editorial guidelines.
At least they would let me know what campaign the keywords came from, but one would think it wouldn’t take too much effort to let me know which keyword was disabled.
My real rift with AdCenter though came from my keywords being continuously disabled. It seems they are more than willing to accept my money for a while after initially approving keywords. Then a couple weeks later, boom, 20% of my keywords for a campaign are now ‘Rejected.’ Several times I contacted support to get a manual review of my landing pages and keyword relevancy resulting each and every time in the re-approval of the keywords in question. Only to see them rejected again a couple weeks later.
The final straw came Monday in a phone call with support who told me that they can’t continue to keep manually reviewing my landing pages and keywords because their automated system is obviously detecting anomalies. I was also told that the reason my number one performing keyword (a product name) kept being rejected was because of trademark issues – a trademark I own, mind you.
So let’s see, my product name as a keyword, landing on a page with the product name as the URL, and clearly marked as a trademarked term, is being rejected because my trademarked term is violating my trademark. Okay.
Farewell AdCenter, I’ll keep pumping my money in AdWords and YPN.
On the heels of Google’s RSS Subscriber reporting, Alexa updated its reporting options and brought their site crawling service to a more prominent location.
Now, Alexa data shows traffic and ranking by country, refreshed the Link data, and brought their broken-link reporting service to a more prominent location (previously it was buried within developer tools and also a backwards click path that started from within an Amazon Associates account ).
There has been a lot of buzz throughout the net this weekend as most people publishing RSS feeds saw dramatic increases in their subscriber numbers as reported by services such as FeedBurner.
The reason? Google finally started reporting subscriber numbers from their services. Yahoo, Bloglines, et. al., have been reporting this information for some time but Google has been a bit behind the times. Friday, they announced this was changing, and Saturday FeedBurner’s subscriber reporting was updated.
If you aren’t using a feed service, you can gauge your subscribers by quickly perusing your log file. The Google feed bot now reports subscribers when grabbing your feed, such as:
“Feedfetcher-Google; (+http://www.google.com/feedfetcher.html; 27 subscribers; feed-id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)”
Subscribers counts to my sites jumped from 20% -140%.
From Simple Tips, a 6-step methodology for writing faster while conveying one’s point more effectively.