1.25 lbs chicken breast (2 large halves)
2 cups chicken stock
1 10oz jar turkey gravy (or 1.25 cups homemade gravy)
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 large potatoes 1″ diced
1 onion diced
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup frozen peas
3-4 carrots 1″ chop or 1/2 bag baby carrots, halved
1 can Grands Biscuits
4 bay leaves
Step 1 can be skipped and the breasts cooked in the slow cooker, but avoid the taste test in step 7. I like to poach the chicken first so it is falling apart tender at serving time.
- Add chicken breasts, 2 bay leaves, 1/4 of the onion to a deep pan. Cover to top of chicken with water, bring to a boil and poach for 15-20 minutes until chicken cooked through.
- While the chicken is poaching, dice the vegetables and add to slow-cooker.
- When the chicken is cooked. Shred or 1″ dice and add to slow-cooker.
- Add remaining bay leaves.
- Add turkey gravy, cream of chicken soup, chicken stock and butter.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- After 3 hours in cooker, taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 45 minutes prior to serving. open the can of biscuits, tear or cut in pieces and add to stew.