The iPhone comes out in June and the debate rages on whether or not their will be bundled discounts for plan renewals or new signups. Why wait? Here is how you can easily save at least $200 on the iPhone come mid-June.
1. If you are either a new Cingular user or a current customer who is eligible for a phone upgrade, simply purchase an in-demand model with a high resale value. I’d suggest the Nokia N75 or the Blackberry Pearl. Take your fancy discounted price and rebate and just hold out until the iPhone is released.
2. When the iPhone is available, purchase at full price on your account and await delivery.
3. Upon delivery, put your N75 or Pearl on Ebay where they are selling at high multiples of the discount price to people looking for replacements. Currently, both of these models are selling at greater than $200 premium of the discounted new and upgrade pricing.
According to this article at Slate, Amazon.com quietly offers a 30-day price guarantee on any purchase made from Amazon.com. If the price drops on any item within 30 days of your purchase, you can request a refund on the difference by calling the super-secret Amazon Customer Service phone number – 1-800-201-7575, extension 7.
Amazon Price Watch – will email you price changes on up to 4 items per submission.
Skype, the Ebay-owned voice over IP (VOIP) company recently announced some changes to their SkypeOut offering. SkypeOut allows you to place phone calls from any computer with broadband access to any phone in the US and Canada (with per-minute fees for international calls) Previously, Skype had been offering SkypeOut free for the last six months or so, but announced that the free promotion will end on December 31, 2006. However, for $14.95 (until 1/31/07) will get you unlimited SkypeOut per year.
- 12 months of unlimited calls to any phone in the US and Canada – right from your computer.
- More than an hour of international calls (based on current rate of 2.1 US cents per minute).
- Over $50 in coupons to get a Motorola headset, Netgear WiFi phone, and a Polycom speakerphone.
Computer-to-computer calling via Skype remains free.
Buy.com has the Western Digital My Book Essential 250GB drive for $99.99. Use Google Checkout at save an additional $20.
Full Specs from Western Digital.